Circuit Judge of Monroe County
Sixteenth Judicial Circuit
Freeman Justice Center ~ Monroe County Courthouse
302 Fleming Street
Key West, FL 33040
Click the button for Judge Koenig's Court Procedures / Weekly Docket Calendar
Professional & Personal
Judge Koenig presides over general Civil Circuit cases, Involuntary Civil Commitment of Sexually Violent Predator cases,
Felony Criminal cases, Probate and Guardianship cases, as well as some foreclosure and family law cases. He also sits
as the circuit’s appellate judge, hearing all appeals from the county court, municipal and administrative boards and all petitions
for extraordinary writs.
Judge Koenig was born in Key West, Florida in 1960. He is married to Kelly (Bick) Koenig and they have three children.
- Received his B.S. in Finance from Florida State University in 1980.
- Received his J.D. from FSU College of Law in 1983.
- Appointed Circuit Judge of the 16th Judicial Circuit, Monroe County, Florida by Governor Rick Scott.
- Re-elected without opposition in 2016 and again in 2022.
- Practiced law with the firm of Feldman Koenig Highsmith and Van Loon from 1984 through October, 2014.
- Before being appointed to the bench, Judge Koenig served as a magistrate for the 16th Judicial Circuit from 2009 to 2014.